Cathy Hughes School of Communications
Fall 2020 Virtual Jobs and Internships Fair
Connecting To Your Future
Attend information sessions, meet recruiters, and schedule interviews for internships and entry level positions in the communications industry.
The CHSOC Fall 2020 Virtual Jobs and Internships Fair offers the opportunity for current students and recent graduates to connect with employers seeking to hire for full-time, internship, and part-time opportunities across a wide variety of disciplines in the field of Communications: Journalism, Film & TV Production, Advertising, Audio Production, Public Relations, Speech and Language Pathologists, Strategic Communications and Legal Communications. The event will take place using the Handshake platform. The platform will allow for chat-based interactions between candidates and employers. You will be able to sign-up for group info sessions and 1-on-1 conversations, virtual interviews with employers.
Prepare For The Fair
- Update your resume and schedule an appointment to review with a member of our staff
- Register for the fair by creating an account on Handshake, completing your profile (including Work Authorization), and uploading your resume
- Ensure that you have a quiet space and a neutral background for the day of the fair.
- Research the employers you are interested in connecting with. Return regularly to the preview page for a list of employers who are attending. Remember to be open and explore a variety of options
- Practice your virtual elevator pitch – be prepared to introduce yourself in writing and virtually
- Dress for Success – You should dress for a virtual fair the same way you would for an in-person fair.
- Sign up for info sessions and 1:1 interviews with employers that interest you.
OCTOBER 2020 ANNUAL COMMUNICATIONS JOB & INTERNSHIP FAIR
Powered by Handshake
1-5 pm Thursday, October 22, 2020
Recruiters & Exhibitors
Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH)
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Humanist Association
Assistant Directors Training Program
Bully Pulpit Interactive
Bureau of Fiscal Service
Columbia Journalism School
Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY
Crossroads Church- Experience Team
Department of Homeland Security: TSA
DGA Assistant Director Training Program
Dow Jones News Fund
G&S Business Communications
Golub Corporation | Price Chopper/Market 32
Great Hearts Academies (GREAT HEARTS AMERICA)
Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc.
LaunchSquad – Public Relations
Marketing for Change
Maryland Public Television
Minnesota Public Radio
National Partnership for Women & Families
National Public Radio (NPR) Inc.
Northwestern University | Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
Omnicom Health Group
Penn Manor School District- Human Resources Department
Penske Media Group
PGA Tour – Florida
Plan International USA
Reservoir Communications Group
Ross Stores, Inc. – NY Buying Office
Strategy for Access NFP
Street Sense Media
T. Howard Foundation – Internship Program 5
The Washington Post
Thomas Reuters- Reuters News
University of Southern California, Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism
University of Virginia – McIntire School of Commerce