- I would like more information about the Department of SLMC. Who should I contact?Please call the school at (202) 806-7694, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST). You can also contact the Department Chair Kehbuma Langmia, Ph.D., by phone at (202) 806-6711 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What concentrations are offered in the Department of Strategic, Legal and Management Communications?The concentrations offered are strategic communications, legal communications and management communications. The strategic communications concentration has two tracks: public relations and advertising. The media management concentration is comprised of two tracks: media management and organizational communications.
- What are the admissions requirements for acceptance into the Cathy Hughes School of Communications?On average, prospective students must have at least a 3.0 GPA, a SAT Critical Reading and Math Score average score of 1057, a SAT writing score of 446 and an ACT English and Writing score of 16.
- Where can I find the undergraduate scholarship application?
The undergraduate scholarship application is under the “Resources” on the School of Communications’ website.
- How can I schedule an appointment with my academic adviser?
Visit the Academic Advising Center on this website and and make your selection.
- Where can I find a list of professors in the Department of Strategic, Legal and Management Communications?A current list of the department’s faculty is keep on the School of Communications’ website.
- What are the Department of Strategic, Legal and Management Communications’ social media accounts?For the latest news and information about the department, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Are there career and internship opportunities for communications students?
Yes. There are two major career fairs held each year for students. In the fall, one career fair offers all communications majors an opportunity to connect with topnotch companies and organizations across the country to learn about internships and jobs, and another is held in the spring specifically for public relations students seeking career and internship opportunities. For more information, check out the Career Development page on this website.
- How can I schedule a campus tour?
To schedule a campus tour, contact the Office of Admissions via email at email@example.com or call (202) 806-2775 or (800) 822-6363 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (EST).
- Where is the Department of Strategic, Legal and Management Communications?The Department of Strategic, Legal and Management Communications is located on the second floor of the C.B. Powell building, which is located at 525 Bryant Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20059.